Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Korean Music Time! #9: Han Dong-Joon - I Love You (한동준 - 너를 사랑해)

It seems I haven't done one of these in a while, so what the heck. I have a song I finished translating a while back, so I'll put it up here. It doesn't have a ton of lyrics, but it's very beautiful. I think this is a wedding type of song.






너를 사랑해
I Love You

아침이 오는 소리에 문득 잠에서 깨어
Suddenly I’m awake to the sound of the dawn breaking
품안에 잠든 너에게
To you who fell asleep in my arms…
워우우워 우워어
Whoa-oh-oh-whoa-oh-whoa-oh
너를 사랑해
I love you

내가 힘겨울때마다 너는 항상 곁에
Whenever I’m not strong enough, you’re always by my side
따스하게 어깨 감싸며
As you warmly cover my shoulder…
워우우워 우워어
Whoa-oh-oh-whoa-oh-whoa-oh
너를 사랑해
I love you

영원히 우리에겐 서글픈 이별은 없어
We will never have a sad farewell
때로는 슬픔에 눈물도 흘리지만
Sometimes we’ll shed tears of sorrow too
언제나 너와 함께 새하얀 꿈을 꾸면서
But forever, from the moment we dreamed a pure white dream
하늘이 우리를 갈라놓을 때까지
Until the heavens divide us…
워우우워우워어
Whoa-oh-oh-whoa-oh-whoa-oh
너를 사랑해
I love you



There are a couple of lines where I'm unsure of my translation just a little, such as "때로는 슬픔에 눈물도 흘리지만," which I translated as "sometimes we'll shed tears of sorrow too." The particle "도" has several meanings, and it's not always clear to me which one is intended. Nonetheless, enjoy this simple, sweet little number.

No comments:

Post a Comment