Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Short Kindergarten Funny and a Few Minor Updates

Remember when I mentioned in a previous post that after we read a book to the kindergarten class they have to draw pictures of their favorite parts? Remember when I mentioned that the girl I picked last to choose her favorite part started crying last time? This week we read a new book and the kids had to draw pictures again.

I learned that the teacher who preceded me used to let them draw numbers to determine the order in which they chose, so I decided to do the same thing. I added a rule too: the person who picks last this time gets to pick first next time. I figure no one wants to be last two times in a row. That meant the girl who cried last time got to be #1.

There were no tears this time, but I have a story that I wanted to share. There's one boy in this class who's really funny, and he happened to be the one who drew #10. He gave a disappointed "awwwwww!" when he saw his card, so I told him "It's OK! Next time you get to be #1!" His response was to go "Ha ha ha!" in sort of an evil-laughter manner. Maybe it's not as funny on paper, but it was pretty funny at the moment.

I'm sorry I haven't updated as much recently, but I hope to have some new posts up soon. I'm almost done with Lovers in Paris, so I'll probably be giving some thoughts on that once I'm finished watching it. I also have some updates to the various lists I've been keeping on this blog:

I saw a new National League ballcap last week. We can officially add the St. Louis Cardinals to the pile. I think the gap between National and American League cap sightings has closed considerably since I first started keeping track of them, so perhaps it's not necessary to divide by league anymore. Let's see, all the MLB caps I can recall spotting are:

Atlanta Braves
Baltimore Orioles (It was the one that says "O's" on it rather than the picture of a bird)
Boston Red Sox (Unfortunately all-too-common)
Chicago White Sox (I've talked about that phenomenon plenty)
Cleveland Indians (The Indians are pretty popular here. My guess is it's because of Shin-Soo Choo)
Detroit Tigers
Milwaukee Brewers
New York Mets
New York Yankees (The most common, unfortunately but understandably)
Oakland Athletics (I've heard the Bay Area has a large Korean population, which may explain why this one is so popular)
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants (Being the defending champions might be a factor, and also that aforementioned Bay Area thing)

As of right now I can say I distinctly remember seeing half the teams in Major League Baseball. Unless I'm forgetting a few AL teams (for some reason I'm thinking I might have seen the Angels and/or Rangers), the NL has now taken the lead.

Last Saturday I went back downtown and walked around a bit. I even bought a Secret CD while I was there, so my Korean music collection has begun! I heard another Secret song in public that day: "Melodrama." I wanted to stay and listen to it, but it was raining and I didn't have an umbrella with me, so I didn't want to get wetter than I already was.

The list of nicknames might also need some amendments. "Hummingbird" decided to go back to being "Cockatoo," and I'm trying to give this girl in another class the nickname "Pouty Girl." Trust me, there's no more perfect word than "pouty" to describe her personality.

In other good news, I finally found a postcard to send to my friend! I'll have to make a trip to the post office next week to get it mailed out to him, since it's closed on the weekends.

That's all I have for now. I hope I'll be posting here again sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment